Hype Dance Company in partnership with Boy Blue Entertainment are looking for 5 male/female dancers to create and perform in their new outdoor Hip Hop and boxing show, Savage Beauty. The contract will run from 7th April – 9th May (inc) with additional performances taking place throughout the summer 2015.
Applicants should have the following qualities/capabilities:
- It is vital that dancers have strong contemporary and Hip Hop technique (in particular Break, Krump & House styles) and an ability to adopt a very physical style of movement.
- A genuine interest in the artistic starting point of boxing and an ability to connect with the intention of the work.
- Openness to contributing to the creative process and being challenged creatively through dance and boxing training.
- At least one year’s previous experience working as a professional performer.
This work is a partnership project between Hype Dance Company, The Ingle Boxing Gym (Sheffield), Boy Blue Entertainment (London) and Spin Arts Management (Leeds).
AUDITION DATES: The audition will be held on Wednesday 11th February and will take place at Maryland, Stratford, London, E15 1SH at 11.00am and is invite only. The audition will include a warm up class followed by a series of creative tasks and solo presentations. Please be prepared to stay all day.
CONTRACT DATES: The contract will run 7th April – 9th May (inc) 2015 and dancers will be paid at Equity minimum. Rehearsals will take place in Sheffield at Hype Dance Company. Accommodation can be provided.
TO APPLY: Participation in the audition is by invitation only. Please email the following information to
email@example.com by 6.00pm on Thursday 29th January.
- a cover letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the project
- a current CV
- a headshot
- Optional – links to footage of you dancing
Successful applicants will be invited to audition by Monday 2nd February.