CALL FOR DANCE FILMS
Youth Dance England is looking for new dance films made by or featuring young people that are less than 7 minutes in length. Successful films will be presented in The Drum at Theatre Royal Plymouth on 23 and 24 July, prior to the main house U.Dance 2015 shows which will start at 7pm.
If you have a dance film made in the past two years, which you would like to be considered for inclusion in the event, please submit your film to us.
Film submission is free
Deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday 22 May 2015.
- Complete our application form
- Email your completed form along with a link to your dance film online and 2 high quality images from your film (minimum of 300 dpi) in JPEG format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email a completed form and 2 high quality images from your film (minimum of 300 dpi) in JPEG format to: email@example.com and send one copy of the application form with a DVD of your film in the post to:
U.Dance On Screen
Youth Dance England
Unit A 402 A
The Biscuit Factory
100 Clements Road
U.Dance 2015 will take place in Plymouth and will have a special focus on inclusive dance. We therefore encourage groups which include disabled dancers or who have worked with disabled artists, to submit their film.
Terms and Conditions
- All entrants must hold all the relevant rights to agree distribution of the entered film.
- All films must have been made by or feature young people aged 0-19 (0-25 if they have a disability)
- Preview copies will not be returned unless a SAE is supplied on entry.
- Entries may also be considered for other screening opportunities.
- Films submitted to U.Dance 2013 in Leeds or U.Dance 2014 in Nottingham, should not be re-submitted.
- Youth Dance England will review all submissions after the deadline and will contact everyone who submitted a film to inform them of the outcome by Friday 5 June.
- Youth Dance England will make all reasonable actions to ensure the successful screening of selected films at U.Dance 2015. However, it cannot be held responsible for failed screenings due to faulty equipment, source material or other technical anomalies which would affect the smooth running of the overall production.
- All selected films must be supplied to Youth Dance England as a .mov file, on DVD or as a file transfer for use at the festival. If on DVD, it must be clearly labeled and received by Youth Dance England no later than 19 June 2015.
- Films should be prepared with a 4:3 aspect ratio. If videos with a 16:9 aspect ratio are supplied then there may be black bars visible at the top and bottom of the image.
- By submitting a film you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Deadline for submissions: 5pm on Friday 22 May 2015
U.Dance 2015 is an event produced by Youth Dance England, in partnership with Plymouth Dance.
U.Dance On Screen is a Youth Dance England initiative delivered and produced for U.Dance 2015.